The peer reviewed XAFS16 conference proceedings will appear in the Open Access Journal of Physics: Conference Series (JPCS), which is part of IOP Conference Series. All papers published in IOP Conference Series are fully citable and upon publication will be free to download in perpetuity.
The proceedings from previous editions of XAFS were published in JPCS and are available online:
- XAFS15, China 2012: iopscience.iop.org/1742-6596/430
- XAFS14, Italy 2009: iopscience.iop.org/1742-6596/190
Important: please read before you submit a paper
PUBLICATION LICENCE FOR OPEN ACCESS PROCEEDINGS PAPERS. IOP Conference Series operates a publishing licence, under which authors retain copyright of their papers and they no longer need to sign and submit copyright assignment forms. Any author who wishes to publish in IOP Conference Series must agree to the terms of the licence and by submitting a paper for publication it is assumed all authors of the paper agree, in full, to the terms of the licence.
The licence terms and conditions are available online.
Call for papers
We encourage all XAFS16 presenters to contribute to this compendium - marking the actual state of achievement of XAFS spectroscopy and its many applications! The communicating Authors are reminded that a maximum of two contributions are allowed. The deadline for submissions is 15th August 2015.
However, as many of you have asked for an extension, we have decided to postpone the deadline to Saturday, 22 August. In case of even later submissions, please contact the editors directly that you intend to submit a late manuscript. In this case, the editors will stil l do all their efforts to get the reviewing done in time, but cannot guarantee for this.
- Paper length: Maximum 4 pages for contributed talks / posters; maximum 6 pages for keynote and plenary talks. Only peer reviewed papers will be published in the IOP Conference Series.Please consult the IOP homepage
- Quality: The papers will be judged with respect to scientific quality, i.e. originality: is the work relevant and novel?
- Motivation: does the problem considered have a sound motivation? All papers should clearly demonstrate the scientific interest of the results.
- Novelty: have significant parts of the manuscript already been published?
- Length: is the content of the work of sufficient scientific interest to justify its length?
Where to send your paper
Manuscripts, prepared according to the author guidelines, and together with the original abstract title should be submitted by 15th August 2015 to Editorial board per E-mail E-mail (paper∂xafs16.org). The receipt will be acknowledged within two days. Else you have to contact Ogarit Uhlmann (paper∂xafs16.org).
Preparing your paper
IOP Conference Series uses author-supplied PDFs for all online and print publication. Authors are asked to prepare their papers using Microsoft Word or LaTeX, according to the journal guidelines and templates, and then convert these files to PDF. Full instructions on preparing your paper, along with templates, can be found on the IOP Conference Series website.
It is important to ensure that when you submit your paper, it is in its final form ready for publication, and has been thoroughly proofread. IOP does not copyedit papers and will not send out author proofs prior to publication. Please note: post-publication changes are not usually permitted, unless there are exceptional circumstances, so please ensure your paper has been checked for errors.
What you need to provide
- The PDF file of your paper: when preparing your paper ensure that you follow the author guidelines. When preparing your paper please check that:
- Paper size is European A4.
- Paper length: Maximum 4 pages for contributed talks / posters; maximum 6 pages for keynote and plenary talks.
- Margins are at least 25mm all round.
- The paper includes the author name and affiliation (full address including country).
- There are no page numbers, or headers and footers, within the paper.
- The PDF is free of formatting errors (e.g. corrupt equations, missing or poor resolution figures), since conversion from Word to PDF can introduce formatting errors.
- Text is single spaced, not double spaced.
- The PDF file is editable and not password protected.
- All pages are portrait (landscape pages should be rotated).
- Reference lists are checked for accuracy. References can only be linked via CrossRef if they are correct and complete.
- Figures are placed within the text, not collected at the end of the document.
- A thorough proof read is conducted to check standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise.
- Ensure that your paper includes an abstract.
- Any multimedia files you wish to publish online
- JPCS encourages authors to submit multimedia files to enhance the online versions of published research articles.
IOP Conference Series